• Investing
  • Stock
  • Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Portfolio Performance Today
Economy

Bipartisan push grows in Senate to force release of unedited Caribbean strike footage

by December 13, 2025
by December 13, 2025

Partisan fights played out publicly in high-profile votes in the Senate this week, but lawmakers are quietly finding common ground in their support of a push to have the unedited footage of Caribbean boat strikes released.

Tucked into the annual National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) is a provision that would require the Pentagon to release the full, unedited footage of boat strikes carried out in the Caribbean in exchange for Secretary of War Pete Hegseth’s travel budget to be fully funded.

The Trump administration has come under scrutiny on Capitol Hill for repeated strikes on alleged drug boats from Venezuela over the last several months, which came to a head last week in the wake of the deadly Sept. 2 double-strike on an alleged drug boat in the Caribbean Sea.

‘I think we need to see all of the video footage, particularly of the second strike from Sept. 2,’ Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., told Fox News Digital.

Lawmakers in the upper chamber don’t know who slipped the provision into the colossal legislative package, including Senate Armed Services Committee Chair Roger Wicker, R-Miss., who told reporters, ‘I would imagine that it got added at the leadership level.’

The massive legislative package sailed through the House on Thursday and is set for a series of procedural tests in the Senate beginning on Monday. And many lawmakers broadly support the release of the footage, particularly of the double-tap strike, to Congress.

Sen. Mike Rounds, R-S.D., who is a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, told Fox News Digital that his committee, and ‘maybe the [Senate] Intel Committee,’ should have complete access to the unedited footage.

‘And then, based upon that, we can decide whether or not we would push further,’ Rounds said. ‘But let us look at the facts first.’

Sen. Tim Kaine, D-Va., who also sits on the Armed Services Committee, told Fox News Digital that he fully supported the provision and noted that Hegseth and the Pentagon had already released partial footage, treating it like ‘almost a commercial.’

‘So you released part of the video, and you’re banging your chest about it,’ Kaine said. ‘You should release the whole thing.’

Sen. Angus King, I-Maine, agreed and told Fox News Digital that it shouldn’t be a roadblock to passage of the broader defense package, either.

‘There’s no excuse for not releasing it. It shouldn’t. If somebody is not releasing something, it usually tells me that they don’t want it to see the light of day,’ he said. ‘I just want the video of the rest of the strike. That’s not me. It’s the American people who need to see this. They need to know what’s being done in their name.’

During the week, the so-called ‘Gang of Eight,’ which includes Republican and Democratic leadership from the Senate and House along with the chairs and ranking members of the intelligence committees in both chambers, met with Hegseth and Secretary of State Marco Rubio for a briefing on the strikes.

Neither Thune nor Senate Intel Committee Chair Tom Cotton, R-Ark., commented on the briefing, but Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., characterized it as ‘very unsatisfying.’

‘I asked Secretary Hegseth, Secretary of Defense Hegseth, would he let every member of Congress see unedited videos of the Sept. 2 strike? His answer, ‘We have to study it well,’’ Schumer said. ‘In my view, they’ve studied it long enough. Congress ought to be able to see it.’

Some Republicans support more transparency on the matter, too, including Sen. Steve Daines, R-Mont., who told Fox News Digital that he didn’t ‘have any problem’ releasing the footage.

But he emphasized that the entire point of the strikes was to combat the flow of drugs into the country.

‘We’re losing sight of the most important narrative, and that is, more Americans have died of illegal drugs in the last seven years than World War I, World War II and Vietnam combined,’ Daines said.

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS

0 comment
0
FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail

previous post
Waltz hails ‘night-and-day’ Middle East shift as Trump’s Gaza plan reshapes region
next post
White House slams House Dems releasing Epstein photos showing Trump, Clinton, Woody Allen

Related Posts

Trump responds to Supreme Court ruling rejecting sweeping...

February 21, 2026

Republicans shred ‘nonsense’ Dem claims against Trump-backed voter...

February 21, 2026

Trump announces 10% global tariff, criticizes Supreme Court...

February 21, 2026

Supreme Court kills Trump’s ‘Liberation Day’ tariffs —...

February 21, 2026

US to unveil platform aiming to bypass internet...

February 21, 2026

RFK Jr defends Trump move to protect pesticide...

February 21, 2026

EPA scraps Biden coal restrictions as advocates say...

February 21, 2026

Trump signs off on 10% global tariff, criticizes...

February 21, 2026

CIA retracts, revises 19 past intelligence assessments deemed...

February 21, 2026

EPA scraps Biden coal restrictions, and advocates say...

February 21, 2026

Stay updated with the latest news, exclusive offers, and special promotions. Sign up now and be the first to know! As a member, you'll receive curated content, insider tips, and invitations to exclusive events. Don't miss out on being part of something special.

By opting in you agree to receive emails from us and our affiliates. Your information is secure and your privacy is protected.

Recent Posts

  • IoT Platform Selection: Five Traps to Avoid

    February 21, 2026
  • Trump responds to Supreme Court ruling rejecting sweeping tariffs powers: ‘A disgrace’

    February 21, 2026
  • Republicans shred ‘nonsense’ Dem claims against Trump-backed voter ID bill

    February 21, 2026
  • Trump announces 10% global tariff, criticizes Supreme Court justices

    February 21, 2026
  • Supreme Court kills Trump’s ‘Liberation Day’ tariffs — but 4 other laws could resurrect them

    February 21, 2026
  • US to unveil platform aiming to bypass internet censorship in China, Iran and beyond

    February 21, 2026

Editors’ Picks

  • 1

    Pop Mart reports 188% profit surge, plans aggressive global expansion

    March 26, 2025
  • 2

    New FBI leader Kash Patel tapped to run ATF as acting director

    February 23, 2025
  • 3

    Meta executives eligible for 200% salary bonus under new pay structure

    February 21, 2025
  • 4

    Anthropic’s newly released Claude 3.7 Sonnet can ‘think’ as long as the user wants before giving an answer

    February 25, 2025
  • 5

    Walmart earnings preview: What to expect before Thursday’s opening bell

    February 20, 2025
  • ‘The Value of Others’ Isn’t Especially Valuable

    April 17, 2025
  • 7

    Cramer reveals a sub-sector of technology that can withstand Trump tariffs

    March 1, 2025

Categories

  • Economy (4,219)
  • Editor's Pick (478)
  • Investing (543)
  • Stock (2,747)
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

Copyright © 2025 Portfolioperformancetoday.com All Rights Reserved.

Portfolio Performance Today
  • Investing
  • Stock
  • Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Portfolio Performance Today
  • Investing
  • Stock
  • Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Copyright © 2025 Portfolioperformancetoday.com All Rights Reserved.

Read alsox

Maduro erupts as Trump vows massive blockade...

December 18, 2025

Trump administration warned to take front seat...

December 6, 2025

Trump signs off on nationwide vaccine schedule...

December 6, 2025